STRENGTHENING PROFESSIONALISM IN PRACTICE
A Workshop for Psychologists and Psychological Associates
Glendon College, York University
May 24, 2019
9am - 3:30 pm
Our sense of professionalism takes root in graduate training and builds throughout our career. At the core of our practice is the creation and nurturing of relationships with clients, in addition to a broad responsibility to society, the profession, family and self. This workshop provides a reflective learning space for Psychologists and Psychological Associates who seek to engage in dialogue about their practice of professionalism and inter-professionalism. A variety of modalities, including self-assessment, practice-based learning, peer feedback, case studies and gap analysis, are used to facilitate reflection and renewal in this vital domain. Benefits of participation may include a renewed commitment to client care, as well as a strategic plan for bottom-up improvement in service quality.
• To review and extend understanding about the dimensions of professionalism and inter-professionalism in health care environments
• To reflect on concept of a social contract with society, and how a social contract shapes our obligations to the public
• To identify knowledge or practice gaps via self-assessment and peer feedback in the evaluation of one’s own professionalism and inter-professionalism, and develop ways to respond to these gaps/oversights
• To incorporate practice insights about professionalism and inter-professionalism into strategies that improve the quality of client care and/or organizational functioning
THIS WORKSHOP IS DESIGNED FOR:
• Psychologists, Psychological Associates and persons undertaking Supervised Practice
• persons working for a Psychologist/Psychological Associate as part of the qualifying 4-year period prior to Supervised Practice in the Psychological Associate registration process.
For more information about the topics and activities in the workshop, view the entire online brochure.
Registrations will be processed on this website starting March 1, 2019. Please contact Dr. Miceli directly if you prefer to register by phone or email.
Registration closes May 19, 2019. On-site registration is not available.
This program has been approved by the Ontario Psychological Association to offer continuing education for Psychologists and Psychological Associates.
This program meets the criteria for 5 continuing education credits.
Registrants who wish to cancel their attendance are requested to do so in writing to Dr. Miceli (via mail, fax or email). The deadline for cancellation is Friday, April 19, 2019 at 5 pm EST. The facilitator reserves the right to cancel the workshop due to low turnout.
Cancellations received on or before the deadline will receive a refund less an administration fee of $30.00. No refunds will be issued once the cancellation deadline has passed. Registration may be transferred. To transfer your registration, please inform Dr. Miceli in writing (via fax, email, mail).